Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Thanksgiving Wedding

2011 Diva Cakes, All Rights Reserved
     My friend Elizabeth called me last week with great news: This Thanksgiving would come with wedding bells for the Rodriguez! A flash wedding doesn't mean it can't be done in style! For this small family wedding they asked me for a cake that is simple, yet very elegant. A two-tiered cake with a cascade of roses.

2011 Diva Cakes, All Rights Reserved
     To enhance the champagne color of the fondant, I slightly airbrushed it with pearl color (my new favorite) and it truly gave it a nice kick! I cascaded the natural roses all the way down and used fondant leaves (with a heavier airbrush for contrast) as kinda-sorta foliage. I then used the same leaves to add some texture to the rest of the cake.

     I wish I had taken closer pictures, I was pleased with the details. If only my friend and awesome photographer Beck Wagnon was there to take the pictures for me, but she's too busy having fun in Jamaica!

No comments:

Post a Comment