Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's a Baby Girl for the Amorosi Family....

     ... And my awesome boss Dusti relied on my skills to make my highly acclaimed "bottoms up" baby cake for their baby shower. However, she challenged me with something I had not tried before: zebra striped fondant. I love to try new stuff so of course I said yes!
2011 Diva Cakes, All Rights Reserved
    I am never ashamed to say that I am a self-taught pastry chef. My mother-in-law showed me the basics, and I've been playing with ideas and finding new designs and techniques ever since. Now, this was a new try for me, so I researched a bit online and sure enough, and thanks to the magic of youtube, I found a nice technique on SweetWiseInc's channel on how to effortlessly work the zebra technique. And boy did it work!

2011 Diva Cakes, All Rights Reserved
 



   The zebra "baby throw" over the pink cake looked fabulous. A little girly details here and there for a finishing touch and voila! The cake was Red Velvet, baby mama's favorite. Baby Amorosi was born a healthy little girl last month and is now comfortably on mommy and daddy's arms. Congratulations Christel and Craig!

No comments:

Post a Comment